Website AFRICA MANAGEMENT SOLUTIONS LTD
Our client, an international organization is looking to hire a Cook/Food Handler who prepares, cooks, seasons and portions according to recipes and menus provided in English. The incumbent will be working closely with the MWR CLUBS SUPERVISOR
· Prepares meats, sauces, vegetables, utilizing several types of food preparation to include baking, roasting, broiling, sautéing, simmering, braising and frying
· Places cooked foods in serving dishes, steam tables and chaffers
· Grills steaks, chops, poultry, pancakes, bacon, eggs, sausage, etc. by watching while items are cooking; turning as required; regulating temperature; and removing when done
· Measures and weighs ingredients as required in the preparation of salads, desserts, tacos, pizzas, juices, fruits or other items as directed by Lead Cook
· Makes beverages, toast, salad and sandwiches
· Opens and prepares canned and prepackaged, vegetables and goods for serving
· Frequently lifts or move objects weighing up to 40lbs. exposed to extreme temperature due to heat from cooking and cold form reefers and chillers, steam, fumes, odors, danger of falling, burns and cuts
· Observe and ensure the quality and amount of food is up to standards before presenting to customers
· Ensures proper portion control for food, condiments and supplies are accurate
· Expected to adhere to fire, safety and sanitation standards
· Keeps work area clean and neat at all times. At the end of shift cleans and sanitizes work area
· Maintains highest standards of sanitation
· Maintains temperature controls, labelling and dating consumable items
· Strictly adheres to FIFO method when pulling or using stocks
· Performs other related duties as required.
Required Academic Qualifications, Experience and Competencies
· Must speak, read and understand English language
· Must pass overseas medical screening and be in good health
· Must have driver’s license
· Food Handler Certificate
· Adult First Aid, CPR and AED Training Certificate
· Star Service Training Certificate
· High school graduate or related fields
· Minimum of one (1) year experience which provided a general knowledge of food preparations and serving such as cooking in a grill, snack bar, restaurant, club hotel or similar food activity.
· Training in cooking at a technical, vocational or similar recognized school may be substituted for experience.
Qualified and interested applicants who meet the specifications are requested to send their CVS to [email protected] by 15th September 2023. Indicate the position applied for and also attach copies of:
· Up-To-Date Resume (we need CV showing your career history up to today)
· All-work-related training certificate
· Education Certificates
· Employment certificate/Recommendation letters
· Passport Copy
· COVID-19 vaccination certificate
· Driving License Copy.
Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis and only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Net monthly Salary is $ 540.00
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org