Website AFRICA MANAGEMENT SOLUTIONS LTD
Our client, an international organization is looking to hire an Engine Mechanic whose primary role is responsible for the preventive maintenance, pre operational check and testing of all MWR motorized boats. The incumbent will be working closely with the MARINA SUPERVISOR
· The incumbent performs diagnosing of problems, repairs and operational test of all types of Marina recreational craft with Digital Throttle and shift System (DTS) Verado mercury outboard engines.
· Performs minor and major repairs, overhaul, removal, replacement, installation, alignment, operational tests, adjustments of components, accessories, propulsion sand auxiliary systems of powered boats to include but not limited to both outboard and inboard gasoline and diesel engines.
· Accomplishes repairs, removal, installation and testing of low voltage electrical system of the watercraft. Uses shop tools and equipment such as digital engine analyzer, battery tester, computer diagnostic system (CDS), battery charger, multi-testers, grinders, drills, gauges, micrometers, calipers and other related shop maintenance equipment. Installs and removes small outboard engines on sailboats as per customer’s request and provides safety line on outboards.
· Certifies sea worthiness of powered boats prior to get underway.
· Initiates material request for outboard/inboard engines and boats to maintain acceptable level of material support.
· Performs watercraft and Marina facility cleaning and securing after completion of boat maintenance/ repair works.
· Secures hazardous materials after each usage for safety of all MWR personnel and patrons.
· The incumbent adheres to all industrial and afloat safety procedures and requirements at all time.
· Provide briefing to Marina patrons concerning boating safety and local regulations ad required.
· Reports discrepancies and safety hazards immediately to Marina supervisor or Manager.
· Performs other duties /tasks as required.
Required Academic Qualifications, Experience and Competencies
· Must have knowledge in the marina engineering field, gasoline/diesel engine propulsion systems and outboard inboard engines.
· Must be able to read and interpret technical drawings, operation and maintenance manuals.
· Must possess valid driver’s License.
· Outboard/Inboard Engine Training, Diesel Engine Training
· Powered Boat Operations
· Adult First Aid, CPR/AED certification
· Star Customer service Training
· Must be High School graduate, coupled with completion of an apprenticeship of trade school training in gasoline and diesel engine repairs.
· Must have ten (10) years’ experience as marine outboard/ inboard engine mechanic.
Qualified and interested applicants who meet the specifications are requested to send their CVS to [email protected] by 25th September 2023. Indicate the position applied for and also attach copies of:
· Up-To-Date Resume (we need CV showing your career history up to today)
· All-work-related training certificate
· Education Certificates
· Employment certificate/Recommendation letters
· Passport Copy
· COVID-19 vaccination certificate
· Driving License Copy.
Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis and only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Net monthly Salary is $ 600.38
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org