Website AFRICA MANAGEMENT SOLUTIONS LTD
Our client, an international organization is looking to hire a Water System Operator who is responsible for Performs daily tasks and work orders involving water treatment and distribution operations, maintenance, and installation. The incumbent will be working closely with the Assistant Operator in Responsible Charge (AORC).
(This position key responsibility is subject to change at any time as needed to meet the requirements of the program or company)
• Performs daily tasks and work orders involving water treatment and distribution operations, maintenance, and installation.
• Operates treatment systems to ensure demands for FFHC and non-FFHC water and quality criteria are met continuously.
• Distributes FFHC and non-FFHC water to ensure demands and quality criteria are met continuously.
• Collects and records periodic systems readings such as flow rates, system pressure, analyzer/sensor & meter readings, etc.
• Adjusts Water Plant equipment, ensuring operational guidelines are followed and are in compliance with all federal, state, and U.S. Navy guidelines.
• Operates, monitors, maintains, and repairs Nano Reverse Osmosis water treatment/distribution systems, including but not limited to wells, pumps, water catchments and storage systems, water filtration treatment plants, distribution piping, valves, flow control devices, taps, line stops, backflows, chlorination/dechlorination, leak detection, and analyzers.
• Conduct daily operations and maintenance inspections of assigned areas such as checking chemical feed systems, water collection, and storage sites, water filtration treatment plants, and facility distribution system components.
• Operates equipment to purify and clarify water including reject water.
• Cleans and maintains equipment, tanks, pressure filters, and other work areas.
• Responds to Water Plant emergencies with appropriate immediate and subsequent actions.
• Performs maintenance program for water systems to ensure all equipment and components are effectively maintained, remain in optimum condition, and sustain maximum life.
• Performs preventive maintenance program for the raw water supply, WTP, and distribution system equipment to ensure proper operation, minimize breakdowns, and maximize useful life.
• Observe and follow all safety rules and procedures, including wearing required personal protective equipment.
• Performs other work-related duties and responsibilities as assigned to meet organizational/operational objectives
Required Academic Qualifications, Experience and Competencies
• Must possess administrative, organizational, and computer skills to include proficiency with Microsoft Office suite including (MS Word, PowerPoint, Excel, and Outlook).
• Proven ability to organize, prioritize, and follow through to completion of multiple tasks, under strict deadlines, and changing priorities.
• Ability to work quickly and in a potentially high-stress environment.
• Comfort with multi-tasking and handling multiple requests from different individuals and departments.
• Must speak, read, and understand the English Language.
• Must pass overseas medical screening and be in good health.
• Must have a valid driver’s license with the following license codes (B, B1, B2, C, D, BE, and CE) and be able to operate the assigned vehicles.
• Satisfactorily completed the training course and exam provided by the Navy Operator Certification Authority (NOCA) Board.
v Level 1 Overseas Drinking Water Treatment System Operator
v Level 1 Overseas Drinking Water Distribution System Operator
• Must be at least a High School, Vocational, or Technical course graduate related to electrical or mechanical required. • Must have at least one (1) year of experience working in water treatment and distribution facilities.
• Must have experience in pumps and chemical feeders repair.
Qualified and interested applicants who meet the specifications are requested to send their CVS to [email protected] by 15th September 2023. Indicate the position applied for and also attach copies of:
· Up-To-Date Resume (we need CV showing your career history up to today)
· All-work-related training certificate
· Education Certificates
· Employment certificate/Recommendation letters
· Passport Copy
· COVID-19 vaccination certificate
· Driving License Copy.
Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis and only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Net monthly Salary is $ 612.00
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org