Website AFRICA MANAGEMENT SOLUTIONS LTD
Responsible for ensuring that poured concrete is laid and finished to the highest standard. Perform other duties as necessary. The incumbent will be working closely with Foreman Concrete.
· Determine quantities, sizes, shapes, and locations of reinforcing rods from blueprints, sketches, or oral instructions.
· Cut rods to required lengths, using metal shears, hacksaws, bar cutters, or acetylene torches.
· Place blocks under rebar to hold the bars off the deck when reinforcing floors.
· Space and fasten together rods in forms according to blueprints, using wire and pliers.
· Cut and fit wire mesh or fabric, using hooked rods, and position fabric or mesh in concrete to reinforce concrete.
· Position and secure steel bars, rods, cables, or mesh in concrete forms, using fasteners, rod-bending machines, blowtorches, or hand tools.
· Bend steel rods with hand tools or rod bending machines and weld them with arc-welding equipment.
· Completes records, maintains tools and equipment, and performs various clean-up and housekeeping activities.
· Observes and follows all safety rules and procedures, including wearing required personal protective equipment.
· Performs other duties and activities as directed.
Required Academic Qualifications, Experience and Competencies
· Must be able to read, interpret blueprints and design and follow engineering drawings, specifications, and instructions.
· Must be able to safely use manual tools and power equipment.
· Must speak, read, and understand the English Language.
· Must pass overseas medical screening and be in good health.
· Must have a valid Professional Driver’s License with at least Restriction Code 2.
· Must have at least High School diploma, Technical or Vocational course Graduate is required.
· Must have at least three (3) years’ experience in construction industry and have an in-depth understanding of the ironworker trade.
· Must have a valid passport
Qualified and interested applicants who meet the specifications are requested to send their CVS to [email protected] by 25th September 2023. Indicate the position applied for and also attach copies of:
· Up-To-Date Resume (we need CV showing your career history up to today)
· All-work-related training certificate
· Education Certificates
· Employment certificate/Recommendation letters
· Valid Passport Copy
· COVID-19 vaccination certificate
· Driving License Copy.
Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis and only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Net monthly Salary is $500.4
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org