Website AFRICA MANAGEMENT SOLUTIONS LTD
The incumbent will be working closely with the HM/HW Handler/Shipper & Lead
• Responsible for collection, transportation and packaging of Hazardous Waste (HW) and excess Hazardous Materials (HM) for sampling and lab profile analysis.
• Responsible for and support Hazardous Waste Storage Area (HWSA) Operations,
• Responsible for Expired Hazardous Materials adequate inventory to ensure Hazardous Waste Minimization (HAZMIN) through Re-issue Center operations as well as tracking disposal cost savings.
• Responsible for Preparation, packaging and documentation for off-Island excess HM and generated HW disposal shipment.
• Responsible for Facility Materials Requisitions and inventory tracking to ensure all required materials and PPE are always in adequate supply.
• Prioritize tasks to support Facility Lead in meeting all Annex’s reporting and deliverables requirements and deadlines.
• Maintains Weekly/Monthly/Annual reports as required in MS Word, Excel and PowerPoint formats.
• Prepares Work Orders to maintain the Facility as needed and follow up until job completion.
• Provides technical advice to personnel as required and when tasked.
Required Academic Qualifications, Experience and Competencies
• Excellent written and oral communication skills and the ability to professionally and tactfully convey information to individuals and clients.
• Proven ability to organize, prioritize and follow-through to completion on multiple tasks, under strict deadlines and changing priorities.
• Must possess excellent administrative, organizational, and computer skills to include proficiency with Microsoft Word, Excel and Power Point presentations.
• Guidance and leadership skills to manage junior HWSA personnel.
• Provides excellent customer service to support the Clients and Island Tenants.
• Ability to relate and communicate clearly junior personnel issues and questions to the Annex Manager
• Must have valid Driver’s License and Operators License for minimum of 5k Forklift or other mechanical heavy Equipment (MHE).
• Oral and Written English Communication.
• Training and/or experience in the management of a HazMat/HazWaste facility, environmental compliance, sampling and analyses of HazMat/HazWaste processes.
• Successful completion of 40-hour or initial and current 8-hour annual refresher training that meets the Hazardous Waste Operations and Emergency Response (HAZWOPER), Hazardous Waste (HW) Facility Operations and/or Management courses or equivalent Hazardous materials and waste training requirements.
• Requisite training and qualification that meets or exceeds processing, packaging, shipping and certifying off-Island shipments of hazardous cargo.
• A minimum of two-year Diploma or BS degree in Environmental Science, Engineering, Chemistry or other related discipline from an accredited university or college is preferred but not required. Work experience related to the position may be submitted for the education requirements.
• Shall have at least five (5) years environmental experience and prior involvement related to the operations and management of Hazardous Materials and Hazardous Waste collection, transportation, storage and disposal facilities.
Qualified and interested applicants who meet the specifications are requested to send their CVS to [email protected] by 9th September 2023. Indicate the position applied for and also attach copies of:
· Up-To-Date Resume (we need CV showing your career history up to today)
· All-work-related training certificate
· Education Certificates
· Employment certificate/Recommendation letters
· Valid Passport Copy
· COVID-19 vaccination certificate
· Driving License Copy.
Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis and only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Net monthly Salary is $684.0
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org