Website AFRICA MANAGEMENT SOLUTIONS LTD
The incumbent will be working closely with the House Keeper Lead
- Ensures the highest standards of total quality and customer service are maintained. Ensure guest privacy and
security is maintained at all times.
- Must possess a welcoming manner, positive attitude and honesty, demonstrate effective communication skills;
professionally interact with guests; answering guest questions concerning lodging facilities; and provide information
about local attractions. Provide assistance in handling guest complaints, involving management as necessary.
- Perform daily housekeeping duties as required, which includes, but not limited to: dusting/polishing furniture; trash removal and replace wastebasket liners; vacuuming and/or sweeping floors; cleaning/sanitizing bathrooms and kitchen areas (to include all sinks, showers, tubs, toilets, floors, microwaves, refrigerators, ovens, cooktops, counters, cupboards): making beds and removing/changing beddings; restocking amenities, bed and bath linens, and other guest room supplies, checking condition of room assets and reporting problems to Housekeeper
- Lead/Operations Supervisor.; and responding to guest requests and communications.
- Count and sort linen from individual rooms along with clean linen issued to during assigned shift. Sort, fold, bundle and issue/return linen in accordance with established instructions and/or is directed by Housekeeper Lead/Operations Supervisor.
- Prepare linen in/out report daily to Warehouse, ensuring any missing/damaged linen is reported. Process MR (Mess Requisition) to replenish supplies, amenities and linen to sustain par standards set by management.
- Checked out rooms must complete all daily cleaning duties listed in Item 4 and ensure room is ready for occupancy by a new guest.
- Perform deep cleaning as required in accordance with the Accreditation Standard.
- Perform custodial duties in all the lobbies, passageways, stairwells, public restroom, laundry room, storage room.
- Maintain appearance of external areas of buildings, to include walkways, entryways, paths, sidewalks and driveway.
- Ensure cleanliness of gazebos, patios, smoking shelters, bike racks and/or shelters, barbecue grills, outdoor furniture, etc.
- Complete room status report providing status of all assigned common areas/rooms (vacant, check-out, occupied) and turn in report to Housekeeper Lead/Operations Supervisor before lunch break and at the end of each work day.
- Maintain documentation of work performed on a daily basis.
- Promptly inform Lead/Supervisor of missing, malfunctioning or damaged items in rooms and/or common areas.
- Process request for replacement of defective, unserviceable, and/or damaged appliances and equipment. Notify Lead/Supervisor of any valuables (i.e. cash, jewelry, electronic gadgets, etc) left out in the open by guests before cleaning the room or common area. Immediately report to Lead/Supervisor breaches of discipline found in assigned building upon detection.
- Relocate heavy, bulky items such as furniture, supplies, and linen (clean and dirty) by hand or using carts or dollies.
- Assist management with the facility’s inventory control program by: conducting annual inventory of assets located in room, lounges, common areas, and outdoor furniture, appliances, and equipment (FA&E); ensure assets are tagged; track asset movements in and out of the building from replacement cycle, improvements, repairs, or damages.
- Participate in all announced and unannounced inspections of assigned building. Act as an escort with Public Works or other contractors require access to rooms and common areas. Monitor work of custodial, maintenance and other workers in assigned building, and report discrepancies to the Lead/Supervisor.
- Perform operational and minor maintenance actions including but not limited to: change the battery of alar/wall clocks and TV/DVD remote controls; change light bulbs of desk, end tables, nightstand, and floor lamps; and monthly inspection of fire extinguishers. Initiate maintenance service (routine or emergency) calls by reporting discrepancies to the Front Desk.
- Follow up on all corrective actions to ensure completion and/or satisfaction of the guest.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
Required Academic Qualifications, Experience and Competencies
- Must possess basic math, reading and computer skills.
- Must pass overseas medical screening and be in good health
- Oral and Written English Communication. Must be able to communicate clearly and effectively both verbally and in writing in English.
- Must have at least completed high school level or housekeeper work experience or similar in the lodging industry.
- Ability to apply general knowledge of cleaning procedures and proper use of cleaning equipment and approved commonly used chemicals (including Safety Data Sheet), and adhere to basic safety, environmental, and fire prevention policies, procedures, and regulations as required.
- Must be proficient with calculator and basic computer software (word processing and spreadsheet).
- CNIC Navy Lodging Program Housekeeper Certification and Annual Re-certification are provided
Qualified and interested applicants who meet the specifications are requested to send their CVS to [email protected] by 9th September 2023. Indicate the position applied for and also attach copies of:
· Up-To-Date Resume (we need CV showing your career history up to today)
· All-work-related training certificate
· Education Certificates
· Employment certificate/Recommendation letters
· Valid Passport Copy
· COVID-19 vaccination certificate
· Driving License Copy.
Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis and only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Net monthly Salary is $510.0
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org