Website AFRICA MANAGEMENT SOLUTIONS LTD
Lays building materials, such as brick, structural tile, concrete/cinder, glass, gypsum, and terra cotta block
to construct or repair walls, partitions, arches, sewers, and other structures.
The incumbent will be working closely with the Foreman, Carpenter
- Reports to and receives assignments, instructions, and direction from the Foreman.
- Reads and interprets instructions and documentation and plans work activities.
- Measures distance from reference points and marks guidelines on working surface to lay out work.
- Spreads soft bed (layer) of mortar that serves as base and binder for block, using the trowel.
- Applies mortar to the end of the block and position the block in the mortar bed.
- Taps block with the trowel to level, align, and embed in mortar, allowing the specified thickness of the joint.
- Removes excess mortar from the face of the block, using the trowel.
- Finishes mortar between brick/block with a pointing tool or trowel.
Breaks bricks/blocks to fit spaces too small for whole brick/block, using the edge of a trowel or brick hammer.
- Determines vertical and horizontal alignment of courses, using plumb bob, gauge line, and level.
- Fastens brick or terra cotta veneer to the face of structures, with tie wires embedded in mortar between bricks, or in anchor holes in veneer brick.
- May weld metal parts to steel structural members.
- May apply plaster to walls and ceiling, using the trowel, to complete repair work.
- Maintain a positive work atmosphere by acting and communicating in a manner to get along with customers, co-workers, and supervisors.
- Pours in place and finishes concrete according to industry standards and approved AHA.
- Sets, mortars, and grouts various types of tiles.
- Moves materials and equipment to work locations and sets up work site.
- Completes records, maintains tools and equipment, and performs various clean-up/housekeeping activities.
- Responsible for maintaining a safe, clean, sanitary, healthy, presentable, and professional atmosphere, free of dust, clutter, and trash in all working facilities and areas.
- Responsible for proper utilization and safeguarding of all government and contractor-provided property (e.g., including government facilities, equipment, and tools).
- Responsible for the precise execution of Company time reporting procedures and accurate completion of timesheets.
- Responsible to perform all assigned duties as safely and efficiently as possible to maintain a safe work environment.
- Observes and follow all safety rules and procedures, including wearing required personal protective equipment.
- Performs other duties and activities as directed.
Required Academic Qualifications, Experience and Competencies
- General knowledge of materials, methods, and tools involved in the masonry trade.
- Must have an excellent understanding of all safety directives and policies regarding the maintenance of masonry equipment.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment that requires handling multiple tasks at a given time and rapidly adapting to changing priorities and schedules.
- Ability to read and interpret blueprints, diagrams, schematics, and written reference material, and follow engineering drawings, specifications, and instructions.
- Ability to perform mathematical calculations, diagnose and resolve problems, and use hand and power tools.
- Able and willing to work periods of long hours to meet mission and project requirements.
- Must be able to perform physical activities such as, but not limited to, bending, standing, climbing, or walking.
- Must be proficient with Microsoft programs such as Outlook, Excel, Word, and PowerPoint.
- Must speak, read, and understand the English Language.
- Must pass overseas medical screening and be in good health.
- Any masonry certification/s is highly desired.
- Must be at least a High School, Technical, or Vocational course graduate is required.
- Must have at least three (3) years of experience in the masonry field and formwork/concrete construction labor work experience.
- Must have a valid passport
Qualified and interested applicants who meet the specifications are requested to send their CVS to [email protected] by 9th September 2023. Indicate the position applied for and also attach copies of:
· Up-To-Date Resume (we need CV showing your career history up to today)
· All-work-related training certificate
· Education Certificates
· Employment certificate/Recommendation letters
· Valid Passport Copy
· COVID-19 vaccination certificate
· Driving License Copy.
Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis and only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Net monthly Salary is $ 500.4
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com