Website AFRICA MANAGEMENT SOLUTIONS LTD
The incumbent will be working closely with the Facility Management Director.
• Performs basic material test to document characteristics of materials used and confirm that materials meet applicable standards.
• Conducts concrete break tests and submits signed reports on comparison with planned concrete mix performance.
• Performs tests for soils, aggregate, and concrete IAW NAVFAC MO-330.
• Submits the Material Test Results. Tests results and confirms that materials used comply with specifications and standards for work performed. • Performs field and laboratory testing on primarily soils and concrete providing field inspections on construction projects. • Reviews plans and specifications to determine the appropriate materials for construction projects. • Maintains an inventory of materials to be used on future projects. • Prepares daily field and/or laboratory reports and manages documents for the project(s).
• Performs other work-related duties and responsibilities as assigned to meet organizational/operational objectives.
Required Academic Qualifications, Experience and Competencies
• Working knowledge of concrete production, plant, and materials.
• Must possess administrative, organizational, and computer skills to include proficiency with Microsoft Office suite.
• Proven ability to organize, prioritize, and follow through to completion on multiple tasks, under strict deadlines and changing priorities.
• Must have good oral and written communication skills which enable to effectively liaise with clients, other departments within the organization, subcontractors, and clients, and report directly to the Senior Management.
• Particular attention to detail, good project management skills.
• Must pass overseas medical screening and be in good health.
• Must have a valid and be able to obtain driver’s license. 10 Ton Driver ’s License a plus.
• Professional certification from American Concrete Institute is highly desired.
• Must have at a least High School diploma; An associate degree from qualified 2-year curriculum in any related engineering and scientific fields, based on a two-year or four-year course of study is preferred.
• Must have 5 years of experience in construction jobs and at least three (3) years of experience in concrete batching and mixing plants.
Qualified and interested applicants who meet the specifications are requested to send their CVS to [email protected] by 9th September 2023. Indicate the position applied for and also attach copies of:
· Up-To-Date Resume (we need CV showing your career history up to today)
· All-work-related training certificate
· Education Certificates
· Employment certificate/Recommendation letters
· Valid Passport Copy
· COVID-19 vaccination certificate
· Driving License Copy.
Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis and only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org