Website AFRICA MANAGEMENT SOLUTIONS LTD
Our client, an international organization is looking to hire a Light Vehicle Mechanic who is responsible for Responsible for safely and efficiently performing maintenance, repairs, and services to light vehicle equipment. The incumbent will be working closely with the FOREMAN, VEHICLE INSPECTOR
• Receives task assignments from Foreman to which assigned.
• Accomplishes assigned task even without Foreman’s presence.
• Diagnoses and performs all repairs to vehicles specifically the buses used in the shuttle runs.
• Perform preventive maintenance (PM) to all vehicles turned in to Shop on a quarterly basis.
• Troubleshoots automotive electrical systems using meters and technical manuals, electrical schematics. Rewires electrical components, wiring harnesses, etc.
• Removes, repairs, and replaces assemblies such as alternators, generators, starters & other electrical systems and put vehicles into operational status.
• Operates and maintains recovery vehicles and associated accessories and equipment.
• Performs recovery and evacuation operations for abandoned, damaged, or disabled light or heavy wheel or track vehicles.
• Determines the method of recovery and associated equipment to be employed.
• Makes minor repairs and adjustments to disabled vehicles.
• Maneuvers recovery vehicles, selecting most desirable positions for wreckers, trailers, full-tracked recovery vehicles, or transporters, and attaches hoists, cables, chains, or slings to vehicles to facilitate drawing for lifting disabled vehicles. • Raises, moves pulls and secures vehicles, components, or equipment using accessories such as winches, cranes, booms, jacks, blocks, and tackles, and by applying necessary lines and rigs.
• Instructs and assists lower skilled personnel in all phases of wheel and track vehicle recovery and evacuation and use of all associated accessories and equipment.
• Plans, organizes, and supervises recovery operations and assigns duties to recovery personnel.
• Performs other related duties that may be assigned by Foreman and Superintendent.
Required Academic Qualifications, Experience and Competencies
• Must know machines and tools, including their designs, uses, repair, and maintenance.
• Familiar with the usage of computer-based technical manuals preferred.
• Must have the ability to troubleshoot, determine the causes of operating errors, and decide what to do about them. • Must speak, read, and understand the English language.
• Must pass overseas medical screening and be in good health.
• A valid driver’s license and the ability to obtain a U. S. Government Motor Vehicle Operator’s License and host nation Driver’s License is required.
• Must have at least a high school diploma, technical or vocational course graduate is required.
• Minimum of two (2) years’ journeyman level experience in vehicle and equipment maintenance and repair either on BSVE, WHE, MHE, and Ordinance Handling Equipment.
Qualified and interested applicants who meet the specifications are requested to send their CVS to [email protected] by 15th September 2023. Indicate the position applied for and also attach copies of:
· Up-To-Date Resume (we need CV showing your career history up to today)
· All-work-related training certificate
· Education Certificates
· Employment certificate/Recommendation letters
· Passport Copy
· COVID-19 vaccination certificate
· Driving License Copy.
Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis and only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Net monthly Salary is $ 570.00
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org