Website AFRICA MANAGEMENT SOLUTIONS LTD
Our client, an international organization is looking to hire a Civil Engineer who is responsible for managing and overseeing design during construction for new construction, renovations, and improvements including foundation, stacking of containers, roofing, grading and verification of MEP utility systems between disciplines. Uses professional knowledge of civil engineering to ensure quality of standards and compliance with codes. The SEHP project is a new Containerized, two story complex built on previous demolished land. Particularly responsible for survey works of the 100s of footers and recording of all discipline AS-Built points, and underground cross-overs. The MEP elements include sewer pump system and piping, HVAC systems and installations, water heaters and FFHC water piping, and Fire Panels and Water systems including sprinklers in containers. Prepares project design drawings, specifications, schedules, and cost estimates for facility and infrastructure projects for construction. Responsible for ensuring project designs meet customers’ requirements and adhere to all applicable code requirements and industry standards. Directs inspectors in construction management activities and solves construction issues as they arise. Develops engineering standards for installation facilities construction. Develops and champions the installation’s goal to provide quality facilities. Evaluates plans/criteria and complete special analyses supporting efforts accomplished by others. Provides technical expertise in a variety of civil engineering activities. Liaises with customers and supervisors to plan, manage, design, and supervise the construction of projects. The incumbent will be working closely with the Facilities Management Director.
- Reviewing overall project quality status with the project management team and recommending corrective action where necessary. Roofing structure, doors and windows must meet code including wind and earthquake stated standards.
- Responsible for managing the construction engineering functions on a construction project to ensure adherence to all engineering construction plans and specifications. Ensure plans for mechanical and electrical systems for new and existing facilities and civil aspects like grading, leveling, surveys, spot locations, transformer foundations with exact conduit locations, duct bank conduit supports and stability, and any footers for MEP systems. SEHP projects to include mechanical and plumbing systems such as new sewer wet well with gravity lines, some 400 HVACs, Fire Protection, and other related systems while working closely with other team members.
- Perform overall quality control of the work (budget, schedule, plans, personnel’s performance) and report regularly on project status.
- Under direct supervision, evaluates, selects, and applies standard engineering techniques, procedures, and criteria, using judgment in making minor adaptations and modifications.
- Assignments usually include one or more of the following: design and development, testing of materials, preparation or checking of design calculations and specifications, studies, research investigations, report preparation, and other activities of limited scope.
- Interpreting or evaluating inspection measurements IAW applicable specifications, or procedures.
- Cooperates and communicate effectively with the Construction Manager and other project participants to provide assistance and technical support.
- Ensuring all company policies surrounding material handling, health and safety, QA/QC, and housekeeping are met.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Required Academic Qualifications, Experience and Competencies
- Must have a bachelor’s degree in Civil Engineering from an accredited university or college. With U.S. equivalence for a non-U.S. Citizen is highly desired.
- Must have an Engineering license from the Government of nationality is required;
- Licensed Civil Engineer
- Must have at least five (5) years of experience in civil engineering.
- Military experience in a contingency environment and knowledge and experience working with government contracts is preferred.
- Thorough understanding of civil engineering principles, practices, and tools.
- Proficient in computer-assisted design (CAD) and other design, data recording, and analysis software.
- Thorough understanding of materials, methods, and tools involved in the construction or repair of buildings, and other related structures.
- Particular attention to detail, good project management, and leadership skills.
- Proven ability to organize, prioritize, and follow through to completion of multiple tasks, under strict deadlines and changing priorities.
- Must have good oral and written communication skills which enable effective liaison with clients, other departments within the organization, subcontractors, and clients, and report directly to Senior Management.
- Must possess administrative, organizational, and computer skills to include proficiency with Microsoft Office suite including (MS Word, PowerPoint, Excel, MS Projects or equivalent, must know CAD, and Outlook).
- Must pass overseas medical screening and be in good health.
- Must have a valid country of origin Professional Driver’s License and be able to operate the assigned vehicles.
Qualified and interested applicants who meet the specifications are requested to send their CVS to [email protected]. Indicate the position applied for and also attach copies of Up-To-Date Resume (we need CV showing your career history up to today),All-work-related training certificate, Education Certificates and employment certificate, Passport Copy, COVID-19 vaccination certificate and Driving License Copy. Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis and only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Net monthly Salary is $ 1,600
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org