Website AFRICA MANAGEMENT SOLUTIONS LTD
- Seller onboarding/recruitment / Signup for the marketplace.
- Building selection and terms negotiation: Will be responsible for determining customer market needs, growing selection across sub-categories, brands and use cases, managing vendor partners, optimizing vendor terms and getting support for marketing campaigns.
- Drive efficiency – Inventory turns / OTB Management: Will be responsible for operating on industry benchmark inventory turns for the category and generating a positive/self-sustaining business by efficient OTB management.
- Work with internal sourcing, quality & design team to track key project milestones, ensure processes are followed for review & reporting of the same.
- Work with buying and sourcing teams to plan inventory & inwarding as per requirement, ensure inventory sufficiency & reduce non-selling inventory
- Catalogue – Own catalogue content creation – lead catalogue photoshoot & content creation, drive this via internal catalogue & marketing teams
- Drive better conversions through catalogue improvement & enhancement basis customer insights
- Pricing: Responsible for pricing strategy for the category so that we can offer to the customers the best value, value being a combination of price and any convenience. Candidate will also be responsible for using pricing as a lever to ensure efficient cash flow management against the profitability goal.
- Business planning and communication to senior management: Develop a short-term and long-term plan for growth and report to Senior Management on a regular basis on the state of key topline and bottom-line metrics and risk factors.
- Joint Planning with Marketplace team: Work closely with the marketplace team to ensure sufficient visibility to our products and jointly participate in the marketing events conducted on the platform.
- Innovation: Invent and drive continuous process improvement and automation across our systems to allow us to scale a fast growing business.
Requirements and skills
- Proven experience as a category manager or similar role.
- Solid knowledge of category management, marketing and sales principles.
- Understanding of data analysis and forecasting methods.
- Proficient in MS Office.
- An analytical mind with a strategic ability.
- Excellent communication and people skills.
- BA in business administration, marketing or related field.
- 4 – 7 years relevant experience; experience in online retail will have an added advantage.
Qualified and interested applicants who meet the specifications are requested to send their CVs to firstname.lastname@example.org or http://jobs.amsol.africa/ by 8th May 2023. Indicate the position applied for in the subject line.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com