Website AFRICA MANAGEMENT SOLUTIONS LTD
Job Advert: Deputy IT Engineer
Our Client is an outsourcing and technology services company for governments and diplomatic missions worldwide. They manage visa and passport issuance-related administrative and non-discretionary tasks for its client governments. In order to strengthen their team, the company is looking to fill the position of Deputy IT Engineer in Uganda.
- Overall Infrastructure and application support for Country
- Provide support analysis giving optimal solutions for support
- Management of IT Infrastructure of highest uptime
- Support & overall delivery of software solutions for the Country
- Project management for various IT & business projects
- Vendor management
- IT & Project Budget preparations & tracking
- Ensure control of IT budgets for the region & operate in innovative ways to ensure cost-effectiveness & also maintain standard of service
- IT governance – Policy enforcement
- Corporate IT function – Audit, quality assurance, documentation etc.
- Manage the Internal reporting
- Client Management (Internal) & overall support function
- IT Procurement in co-ordination with central IT team and implementation.
- Judicious use of natural resources
- Shall adhere to the environment health and safety policy/objectives and guidelines of the organization.
- Common business KRAs – Financial goals, Customer satisfaction, Employee satisfaction
- Ensure complete IT support to businesses in the country and handle all business escalations
- Ensuring smooth and timely rollouts of all new projects and initiatives in the Country
- Ensure 100% compliance with audit norm
- Ensure compliance with vendor SLAs
Required Academic Qualifications, Experience and Competencies
- Must have a BE – IT/MCA or global equivalent degree.
- Postgraduate (MBA) or global equivalent degree, IT – Technical certification (GNIIT, Microsoft, Cisco, SUN etc.) is an added advantage.
- Must have at least 5- 7 years of work experience in the field of IT, Worked on Windows 2022 server – installation & configuration.
- Knowledge of Networking – LAN/WAN, Internet Technology, Email systems – Microsoft outlook
- Fluency in English
- Experience in a start-up organization / project where end to end IT Scoping & implementation was executed (Infrastructure, custom developed application as well as packaged)
Qualified and interested applicants who meet the specifications are requested to send their CVS to [email protected] by 30th September 2023. Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis and only shortlisted candidates will be contacted; Salary is USD 600.00
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org