Website AFRICA MANAGEMENT SOLUTIONS LTD
Purpose of the role
– To manage end to end operations of the VAC whilst ensuring quality and cost saving, ensure compliance to the set processes, and manage people to bring the best efficiency out of them
– To ensure implementation of new process roll outs or changes
Profile – Roles and Responsibilities
Areas of Responsibility & brief description
1. Manage all day to day activities (administrative and functional) conducted at the Visa Application Centre which involves:
- Document scrutiny & verification for visa processing
- Handling cash & bank related transactions if assigned
- Maintaining & recording all application data in a timely and
- Ensuring all administration & logistics of passport delivery to consulate / applicant /logistics company etc.
2. Conduct regular Audits for all processes & implement all new process rollouts or changes
3. Identify incorrect or incomplete information by regular quality checks thereby ensuring accuracy of the visa application
4. Ensure regular Error Monitoring – To monitor track and reduce the
number of errors every month, within acceptable limits
5. Maintain & improve level of customer & mission satisfaction by enhancing procedures and continuously innovating methods to increase productivity and cost effectiveness. Ensure that the Teams are aligned & contribute towards achievement of parameters enlisted in the Team Objective Tracker
6. Maintain adherence to the Service Level Agreements ’s for all processes and ensure adherence to Standard Operating Procedures, manuals etc. without any deviation. Ensure that the Teams are mentored & work towards adherence of all SOP’s/ processes, required to be complied with, from an Organizational & ISO perspective.
7. Ensure compliance with VFS Global defined principles, policies &
procedures as applicable to the role
8. Maintain high standards of ethics, integrity and compliance with corporate procedures.
9. Ensure that the entire process is completed within the mandated Turn Around Time.
– Ensure that the Teams are aligned & contribute towards
achievement of parameters enlisted in the Team Objective Tracker.
10. Ensure no penalties are incurred and monitor , track and maintain
– Ensures that the Teams are aligned & contribute towards
achievement of parameters enlisted in the Team Objective Tracker
11. Ensure personal & professional development for self and team by conducting trainings on regular basis (product & process) Ensure that all staff attends trainings scheduled by HR & ensures effective Process Monitoring, by conducting Internal Process Certifications (OCL’s), for all staff.
12. Provide assistance to staff when needed and handle applicant/customer escalations
13. Liaise with various support functions to handle team related queries.
14. Ensure delivery of Value Added Services options and achievement of the VAS targets for the VAC.
15. Manage VAC productivity and VAC security (Physical & data).
16. Mentor the team on a regular basis, thereby ensuring a successor is created for the position – assist Manager/Unit Manager in Succession planning
Indicative KRA’s/Budgetary and Revenue Responsibilities
1. Productivity: Targets met as prescribed in Team Objective Tracker.
2. VAS Target:
– Ensures updating of Productivity & VAS Conversion Grid – to track performance on a
weekly/monthly/basis – data available for H1 & H2 appraisal
– Targets to be shared with the staff & progress reviewed at defined frequency, (recommended weekly)
– Incentives to be disbursed to the staff, as per achievement, on a monthly basis.
3. Customer satisfaction (Applicants) Effective Complaint Resolution
– Complaint Tracking –process in place to ensure complaints are monitored, repeats identified, RCA & Action Plan implemented to prevent recurrence
– Percentage of Complaints are within prescribed limits (< 0.05% of Application Volumes)
– Ensures 100% complaints are responded within 48 hours of receipt.
4. Data entry errors – Error Monitoring – To monitor track and reduce the number of errors every month, within acceptable limits
5. Late reporting /unauthorized absenteeism – Team Management
6. Attending training programmes– Adherence to Annual Training Calendar (Trainings scheduled by HR) Ensures all trainings attended by self & team.
7. VOC / VOM – Targets met as prescribed in Team Objective Tracker.
8. Adherence to mandated TAT (Turnaround Time) – TAT Targets met as prescribed inTeam Objective Tracker.
9. MOR Completed – Reported Timely – MOM Recorded & Closure Completed, for previous open points
– Assists Manager in compilation of reports accurately & on time.
10. Internal Process Assessments (OCL’s) completed – for all direct reportees (for 100% staff twice a month – 1 announced & 1 unannounced)
11. Conformance to ISO Audit Requirements – Internal Calibration (RCA in place – Implementation Evident)
12. Timely Completion -Reporting (Weekly/Fortnightly/Monthly/Quarterly, or as per desired frequency)
13. Assist reporting manager to complete Financial Audits/ Compliance Certificate to be completed every month, for all Units, and sign-off recorded & sent to Zonal Finance, as applicable.
14. Staff Reward & Recognition Culture to be encouraged – Staff of the month, employee of the Quarter, etc.
15. Zero Incidents for any Operations, related to Process Integrity, Loss of Passports, Staff Integrity
16. Immediate reporting of Incidents to Immediate Reporting Manager & Head of Operations – Zone/Country/Region
17. Assist reporting manager to compile a Detailed Investigative report, to be shared with all stakeholders, including Immediate Reporting Manager & Head of Operations – Zone/Country/Region, Security, any other; within 24 hours of the incident.
18. Completion of RCA & Action Plan to prevent recurrence of any Incidents, averse to VFS Global’s business interests.
19. Completion of WB Projects Completion – to ensure that the team works on execution of WB Project, to achieve Continuous Improvement
Key Interactions within and outside of VFS Global
1. Travel Agents / Applicants 1. Departments within VFS Global
2. Courier service 2. VAS Team
3. Vendors & Consultants 3. Regional Operations Team
4. IT, HR & other support functions
Qualification & Experience (Education, Experience, specific knowledge, skills, understanding, attitude)
Education: Minimum: Bachelors Degree in Administration, Human Resource, Business Management or any related field.
Experience: 2 – 5 years’ experience preferably in Travel and Tourism or Service industry
Knowledge & Key Skills:
· Proficiency in MS office & good typing speed
· Adaptability and presence of mind to handle customer queries
· In-depth knowledge and understanding of systems and
· Ability to Innovate and enhance procedures and methods to
increase productivity & cost effectiveness
· Team management skills
2. Quality & Service Orientation
3. Teamwork & Collaboration
4. Diversity Sensitivity
5. Personal & Professional Development
8. Networking 8. Time Management
1. Good Communication skills in English [Verbal & Written]
2. Customer Orientation
3. Good team player
4. Problem solving & Multitasking skills
5. Interpersonal Skills
6. Self-Motivated and Self-Directed
7. Conflict Management skills
8. Time Management
9. Planning, Organizing, Motivating, Directing and Controlling
Fluency in Local Language – Ability to read write and speak fluently & English, knowledge of an additional international language would be very helpful (region specific language can be looked at).
Qualified and interested applicants who meet the specifications are requested to send their CVs to [email protected] by 29th September 2023. Indicate the position applied for in the subject line. Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis and only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Monthly Salary UGX 2,172,396
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com